Top business tools every mompreneur needs for productivity and success
You may have come across the term “mompreneur.” It is possible that you may or may not know its meaning. They are mothers who are building, nurturing, and managing a small business while raising a family. In the process, they set up their box and lead their two lives with a master’s hand using the help of some wonderful business tools. Over time, their plan ultimately gives birth to a beautiful small scale business project. The word “mompreneurs” is a tag for women who, with the arrival of children, decide to reconcile their professional and personal lives better. For this, they create a small business and become women entrepreneurs. The purpose of this article is to answer the following questions:
- Who is a mompreneur?
- How did the concept of mompreneurs start?
- What is a business tool?
- What is an e-business tool?
- What types of business tools are available for businesses?
- What are the top business tools recommended to boost mompreneurs’ productivity & success?
This post may contain affiliate links and I may receive commissions for purchases made through the links, this comes at no cost to you. Here’s the Disclosure page for more information.
Mompreneurs; How did it all start?
It all started in the United States in the late 1990s, when women who had good careers, had children late and encountered difficulties in returning to their previous jobs, due to the lack of a link between their new family life and their situation.
To gain some control and flexibility in the organization of their life, they embarked on entrepreneurship quests. They tried the idea of working from home while tending to their babies, creating business projects relating to solving problems encountered by young parents. Following the above, the term “mompreneur” was coined by striking off ‘entre’ from entrepreneurship and replacing it with ‘mom.’
What is a business tool?
A business tool is any of the many materials in the form of apps, structures, and approaches used by a business individual or organization to enhance business productivity. Business tools help you to automate your business and make it’s running fast, easy, and efficient. With the help of the various business tools available today, mompreneurs can better cope with the changes in markets, ensure a competitive position in them, and improve business performance.
What about e-business tools?
In recent times, the impressive growth of information and communication technologies has radically transformed the way we communicate, learn, and do business. The Internet and mobile technology have brought many benefits to businesses, including lowering the cost of communications and information, offering new distribution channels, and universal 24/7 service availability. For small and medium-sized businesses, especially mompreneurs, the Internet is a compelling modern platform for promoting their products and services in the target market audience.
What types of best business tools are available for businesses?
Like every other business, starting, growing, and managing a mompreneur business can be quite exhausting. However, the advent and advancement seen in the internet sphere have made things a lot easier. Nowadays, with the help of online small business tools, mompreneurs can significantly improve the way they run their businesses. By implication, we have gone past the ancient era of manually carrying out all your business activities. There are several categories of business tools ranging from ones used for business analysis, communication, planning, collaboration, marketing, and business management.
Business prospecting is an activity that can quickly become very time-consuming, especially when targeting a certain volume of activity. Above all, it involves a large number of repetitive tasks or tasks: reminders, sending “standard” e-mails, researching contact data, and so on.
Here are some tools that I have identified that are good for business productivity. To help with optimizing prospecting time by automating repetitive tasks and by sourcing (smart) data relating to a given business prospect.
One enticing aspect is that most of these apps offer a trial version that allows the user to discover and benefit from all or part of their services for free!
Here we go:
The Automation Tools of Social Selling
Social Selling aims to identify targets on Social Networks, maintain a relationship with its contacts, and ultimately sell. The problem is that it requires time and a lot of energy when an entrepreneur already has 1,000 things to do in his day. It is, therefore, essential to use software that saves time in the search for information on Social Media or to automate the management of its network.
Our selection of prospecting tools on Social Media:
- Linkedin Helper (https://linkedhelper.com/ ): this tool allows you to automatically add (but in a highly targeted way) contacts on Linkedin (ex: a person’s contacts, profiles on a given region) all by personalizing the messages.
- Discover.ly (https://discover.ly/ ): This simple chrome extension allows the display in Gmail of information on your contacts. It is beneficial, for example, to obtain the primary data from a new contact.
Business Tools to Automatically Qualify Prospect Databases
When participating in fairs, organizing online web seminars, offering the download of white papers… one of the problems is having correct and structured contact details. Indeed, sometimes you have names and first names and companies, but not e-mails or phones. You can also have databases of different formats (e.g., in a database, you have the profession but not the number of employees.
Previously, these types of tools were complex and expensive. Now they are very easy to use, and it takes just a few minutes to enrich a file and then use it for prospecting.
- DropContact.io (https://www.dropcontact.io/ ): this service is fantastic! You just need to upload your files, and the application automatically adds the missing fields (e-mails, SIREN, website, etc.). It even allows you to merge files with different fields and formats.
Mobile Applications for Commercial Presentation
We usually say that an image is better than 1000 words; hence it is essential to have tools that will help illustrate your arguments by supporting your speeches with images, mini-videos, and so on.
- To create graphics easily, there are a host of tools to help the mompreneur with efficiency.
- Get Stencil: create personalized images for use with social media, ads, blog posts, download to use in documents – just about any medium you can think of for using them. Upload your personal colors, photos, logos, and create one design and easily resize and share in different marketing platforms.
- Canva: Canva allows you to be as creative as you can be. You can design posters, workbooks, calendars and even PowerPoint presentations. If you don’t want to create from scratch, templates from Basil and Bark are my favorites.
- RelayThat: Helps you create images for many marketing channels with one click! It will even provide the template for you! It’s my go-to when creating images for my blog posts. I tell you, it has saved me a lot of time
You are probably wondering where to get your photos. When using photos for your site or products, care must be taken to make sure you are not violating any copywright laws. You can either take your own photos, give credit to photographers or use photos from the Styled Stock Society
Mobile Caller Identification Applications
Getting the right information at the right time, especially when on the move has become an obligation, whether you are meeting with a client, or between two meetings.
- True Caller (https://www.truecaller.com/): this free application makes it possible to identify the telephone numbers of callers even if they are not in your address book (the application pools the calendars of its users to analyze who is calling you). This function is particularly interesting because you now know who the people who are calling you are (and you can then save these contacts in your calendar). The Premium version brings little extras like the possibility of recording calls.
CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
The CRMs are in the process of moving from the status of “gas factories created to waste time” to “personal sales assistant.” CRM makes it possible to reduce the time devoted to administrative tasks (reporting, expense reports, etc.), but also to help in monitoring opportunities (sales reporting, reminders & reminders, e-mail history, etc.). It also serves as a transmission belt for marketing teams.
The key is to select a CRM that is both flexible and powerful so as not to slow sales too much while providing maximum automation and added value.
- Salesforce & MS CRM: these two heavyweights are certainly references for large companies, but their cost of installation and their complexity make them tools to reserve for big budgets. To avoid if you are an SME because other much cheaper solutions will help you much better!
- Pipedrive (https://www.pipedrive.com ): this CRM will suit sales teams with simple sales processes.
- Efficy CRM (https://www.efficy.com/): this CRM solution has a high strength of being 100% customizable to the most complex needs.
- Zoho CRM (https://www.zoho.eu/): this Indian CRM has a very extensive suite of office and CRM tools, which adapts well to IT companies that like to hack.
- Sugar CRM (https://www.sugarcrm.com/): this open-source solution is well suited to IT companies, administrations, or startups with teams of developers who want to host the solution at home.
- Hubspot CRM (https://www.hubspot.fr): this tool will be more suited to marketing oriented companies than pure sales.
- Plutio CRM (Plutio.com): My favorite thus far. Aside from being very user friendly, easy to customize, it has plenty of integrations. You are able to create document templates, proposals, contracts, and many more. They have very responsive support which is very important.
Prospecting Software by Email
To get in touch with a new prospect, there is a good chance that the first attempts will yield nothing. Hence, there is a need for automated schedule e-mailing scenarios, either in collaboration with
marketing (classic marketing automation), or independently via e-mailing actions. Whether they are in “cold” mode” (E-mails on cold prospects, such as inactive contacts, contacts from social networks, etc.) or “warm” (e-mails on prospects who have expressed interest or whom the salesperson can contact following a pretext such as the news from the company).
- Mailchimp.com (https://mailchimp.com/ ): it is one of the most straightforward solutions for sending e-mails. However, you must upgrade to the paid version to obtain the marketing automation functions.
- Convertkit: Has been around for a while. This email service has a lot of functionality.
- Flodesk: Beautiful, easy to use email service with high open rates.
Remote Screen Sharing or Web Seminar Tools
If face to face selling remains the most effective in B2B, it requires a significant investment in both time and travel costs.
This is why, at first, a distance qualification is generally sufficient.
To present supports, make the first demonstration… it is then necessary to use remote presentation software.
Video Conferencing and Calendar Scheduling apps:
Zoom: Zoom popularity has been skyrocketed by the current pandemic. It’s a great video conferencing software whether one on one or as a group. You can definitely use the free option.
MeetFox: Imagine your calendar linked to a video conferencing app, personalized to your colors, logo, and company? Talk about efficiency! After someone books an appointment through meetfox, you will get an email about the appointment. It will also send reminder texts to you and your client. Guess what? You also have the ability to accept payment. This is an awesome way to automate meetings.
Behavioral Analysis Tools for your Business Proposals
One of the problems with selling in B2B is that we do not know what the customer needs. The most common case, being the commercial that sends a PDF by e-mail with the commercial offer, and which then waits for the prospect’s return, without knowing when he read the offer, the pages that interest him most…
This is why the analysis solutions for reading commercial proposals have been designed: the principle is to put your commercial offers online in PDF or Word format. Thus to be able to follow the opening of the document, the time spent to read, the pages read. While still leaving the possibility for the prospect to download the PDF.
Thanks to these tools, you receive an alert when the prospect consults the document, the time he spends there, which allows him to be reminded a few minutes later to get news of the project.
- Hubspot (https://www.hubspot.com/products/sales ): Hubspot simply tracks the opening of sent business proposals, so it’s a more fundamental solution.
- Panda Doc (https://www.pandadoc.com/ ): “Close more deals with PandaDoc sales proposal software. Create, send, track, and eSign beautiful proposals and quotes”. Suitable for startups and IT companies.
- Appsummo: For Lifetime access and one-time fee apps, it will be worth your while to check out the bi-weekly specials Appsummo has to offer.
Management Tools for Outsourced Calendars
There is nothing more hectic than setting up an appointment with several contacts when you know little about their schedules. Most times, businesses resort to several e-mail exchanges before finally managing to find the time slot that suits everyone.
Fortunately, there are now tools for sharing public calendars or choosing simple and open time slots.
- Acuity: Clients can schedule real-time, self-book, and even pay. What does this mean to you? Efficiency and productivity. A powerful external calendar sharing solution because not only is it possible to expose your calendar outside but also, we can even do pay clients to reserve a time slot (e.g., training, coaching, etc.). Reasonably priced with a free trial.
- Meetfox: Imagine your calendar linked to a video conferencing app, personalized to your colors, logo, and company? Talk about efficiency!
Internal and External Collaborative Tools
Responsiveness should be one of the key qualities of any business. Customers are now over-informed, over-impatient, over-solicited; hence, it is essential to respond quickly and reliably to them.
For this, many instant messaging tools allow you to gain in responsiveness.
- Slack.com ( https://slack.com): this tool is a “super chat,” which allows you to define internal/external conversation chains with customers, internal collaborators, etc. tool that saves a lot of time, whether in pre-sale or the implementation phase of a project.
Spelling Correction Software
Contrary to what one might think, in our increasingly digital world, writing has become more and more important.
Indeed we exchange dozens of e-mails, SMS, messages, Word documents…
If you do not master a minimum of spelling, it can damage the credibility of the company.
To avoid this, there are undoubtedly standard spell checkers in word processors, but they only correct the most significant mistakes.
This is why you should not hesitate to use more efficient tools to correct typing errors made by your sales team.
- Grammarly (https://www.grammarly.com/): Grammarly is a powerful tool that helps business draft flawless texts. It also offers an efficient suggestion system, grammar, and sentence formation. It integrates with MS Word as well as with other business automation tools.
A Mobile Expense Report Solution
The goal of every business is to make conversions (selling). This is why it is essential to use automatic expense management tools. This kind of tool saves 1 to 2 hours per month in managing expense reports for sales teams.
- Freshbooks: “FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.”
We have presented a lot of software on this list, but the most powerful commercial software is his brain!
Do not base your activity on software and virtual exchanges, but rather know when to use these tools, and when to do without them.
IT and automation are good, but you must always leave room for initiative and daring and not get caught up in software and procedures…
Likewise, if you have suggestions for tools to use, feel free to leave a comment below this article!
What are the top business tools recommended to boost mompreneurs’ productivity & success?
Are you a mompreneur that wants to boost your business productivity and success? We have recommended a few essential online tools intended to facilitate your small scale business prospecting by optimizing each stage of the business cycle.
Business E-mail and E-mail Marketing Service
- Convertkit (https://convertkit.com/): ConvertKit is a business e-mail tool for your e-mailing, broadcast, and e-mail marketing service. With it, mompreneurs can manage subscriber lists, and send newsletters. Some essential functionalities that make convertkit outstanding are:
- ConvertKit allows you to manage multiple lists easily.
- ConvertKit allows you to make automated sequences.
- Flodesk is a newer more feminine email marketing service. I signed up for their 30 day trial and decided to go ahead and take the plunge! They boast an amazing high open rate, easily customizable fonts and graphics, and a very responsive customer support. It’s really worth your time to give them a try. You can thank me later :). I’ll even give you a 50% off / month coupon code when you use this Flodesk Link.
Accounting & Bookkeeping Business Tools
- Kashoo: Kashoo is simple online accounting software for small businesses. Available on the web and via the award-winning application for iPad and iPhone, it offers an accurate dual-entry accounting system but remains very easy to use. Send invoices, collect online credit card payments, track expenses and sales taxes, automatically import bank transactions, and generate the reports you need when filing taxes. Features also include
multi-currency support, unlimited users, and secure access for accountants and accounting assistants.
- Quickbooks: QuickBooks is the leader in accounting software for small businesses. Manage all of your finances with the licensed or online version. Instant access to customer, supplier, and employee information. Free upgrades and customer support with the online version. It is supplied with a 30-day free trial version.
- Freshbooks: FreshBooks is another small business accounting tool that simplifies billing activities for small businesses. You will be amazed at how much time you can finally spend on more significant tasks and how much shorter payment terms you will get. Who would have thought that billing software could accomplish such prowess? You can try it free for 30 days without having to enter your bank details.
Website Building Business Tools
- Siteground: SiteGround is a reliable hosting company with innovative server features and solid hosting performance. Their price is a bit high at renewal time, but you get what you pay for. We believe that SiteGround shared hosting is
suitable for beginners and experienced users who want a worry-free hosting solution.
- Extremely reliable servers – 100% host availability most of the time
- Free site migration for GrowBig and GoGeek users
- Choice of server locations on three continents
- Officially recommended by WordPress.org and Drupal.org
- Free Encrypt Standard & Wild Card SSL
- Advanced server speed technologies (SSD, HTTP / 2, Integrated Hide, NGINX, etc.)
- Save 60% on your first bill
- Good feedback from other SiteGround users
- Super customer support
- Restored316: The restored316, popularly known as R316 is a collection of the trusted brand of WordPress themes for specially customized to meet and suit the needs of successful mompreneurs, female bloggers, coaches, and online businesses. R316 allows you to:
- navigation menus
- custom blog page template
- custom styled heading tags
- Beaver Builder: Beaver Builder is a “free trial” page builder that can be used by drag and drop on the front-end interface of your site. Technically, it is an extension that allows you to create custom layouts using modules and pre-designed templates, without touching any line of code.
Social Media Scheduling
- SocialBee: SocialBee is one of the best Social Media Management Tools available today. With the help of this business tool, you can post to different Facebook Pages, Groups and Profiles,
Twitter Accounts, Pinterest (via Hootsuite), and Instagram (via Buffer). Socialbee allows you to schedule posts and generate more leads with little or no stress.
- Tailwind: Tailwind is a social media business tool that provides you with two ways to distribute your pins on Pinterest to new people. You can program pins to publish in collaborative tables (you know, these tables in which several people can pin content while respecting a particular theme). You can also integrate “Tribes” (tribes if you prefer), themed too, and share pins from your content.
Tailwind’s Pinterest marketing tool does it all:
o Positions at the best times for engagement.
o Repeats your content at an interval of your choice.
o Find out what related content you can share.
o Connects you with Pinners to share content in Tribes.
o Monitor conversations on your pins.
o Amplify your reach.
o And measure your results!
o All with one tool.
Every mompreneur needs these small business tools; you need them urgently, and you must learn how to make use of them fast! The good news is that these tools are relatively easy to master. They are built to be intuitive towards user needs, so they will not be too difficult for the average person’s learning curve. In no time at all, you will find that just by using these tools, you can do things you never thought possible with your business.